1. If the food (be) good, we’ll come here again. 2. What will you
1. If the food (be) good, we’ll come here again. 2. What will you do if Ann (not pay)? 3. When I arrive, I (phone) you. 4. You (help) me if I have а problem? 5. Before you (go), leave my key on the table. 6. If you (not pay), you’ll get into trouble. 7. As soon as Linda (arrive), call me. 8. What you (say) if Peter asks? 9. If you don’t go away, I (call) the police! 10. I (not wait) if he is late again. 11. If he (miss) the last train, he’ll spend the night in а hotel. 12. What will you do if the weather (be) bad on holiday? 13. If I stay here, I (not be) happy. 14. If I (be) unhappy, I won’t work hard. 15. She’ll have some German lessons before she (go) to Berlin. 16. If Peter (ring), tell him I will never see him again. 17. He (be) happy if he wins his next match. 18. She won’t be able to go until she (feel) much better. 19. If the bus (not come) soon, I’ll be late for school. 20. I want to speak to him before he (go) out.
- 1. If the food is good, we’ll come here again. 2. What will you do If the food is good, we’ll come here again. 2. What will you do
if Ann does not pay? 3. When I arrive, I’ll phone you. 4. Will you help me if I
have а problem? 5. Before you go, leave my key on the table. 6. If
you do not pay, you’ll get into trouble. 7. As soon as Linda arrives,
call me. 8. What will you say if Peter asks? 9. If you don’t go away, I will call)the police! 10. I will not wait if he is late again. 11. If he (misses the last train, he’ll spend the night in а hotel. 12. What will
you do if the weather is bad on holiday? 13. If I stay here, I won’t be) happy. 14. If I am unhappy, I won’t work hard. 15. She’ll have
some German lessons before she goes to Berlin. 16. If Peter rings, tell
him I will never see him again. 17. He will be happy if he wins his next
match. 18. She won’t be able to go until she feels much better. 19. If
the bus does not come soon, I’ll be late for school. 20. I want to speak to
him before he goes out.
Помогите с английским
Вставить в предложения нужную форму глагола to be.
am, is, are
1) My friend
_____ riding a bike.
2) I _____ watching a very good film.
3) We _____ eating lunch.
4) They _____ having breakfast.
5) You ____ playing games on computer.
6) Susan _____ dancing to beautiful music.
- My friendis riding a bike.
I am watching a very good film.
3) We are eating lunch.
4) They are having breakfast.
5) You are playing games on computer.
6) Susan is dancing to beautiful music.
помогите пожалуйста here is some information about John who wanted to get a job
Which of the two sentences contains a pharasal verb? Choose the sentence , underline the verb with the particle and translate the verbs.
1 a Put the applications in the box___________
b He has put in an application for a visa.__________
2 a I thought he was at home , but found him out ___________-
b I found out his secret ____________
3 a He likes to go into long explantations ._______-________
b He had to go into hospital ___________-
4 a He looked trough the open door._______-
b He looked through his exam paper_______-
5 a He is very quiet . What is he thinking of?_________
b CAn he think of somethink interesting to spend the time? __________
6 a He put his best suit on__________-
b He put his best suit on the sofa.____________
- Ключи к упражнению 1.1) из Рабочей тетради:
1. a) положил … в,
2. a) нашел … на улице,
b) обнаружил (раскрыл);
3. a) вдавать-ся,
4. a) посмотрел через,
5. a) думает,
6. a) надел,
b) положил … на.
Нужна рецензия на английском языке, по рассказу «one coat of white» H.A. Смит. Помогите пожалуйста.
- ONE COAT OF WHITE
(after H.A. Smith “One Coat of White”)
Coming home from our first trip to Europe on board a steamer Betsy
and I met a tall old man called himself Monsieur Roland. He was a
pleasant clever fellow and we soon made friends with him. One evening he
suddenly told us that his name was Lautisse and asked us not to mention
it to anyone. Having no idea why we should his name a secret we decided
to find out who Lautisse was. At the ship’s library we learned that our
new friend was probably the world’s greatest living artist. He lived in
the South of France and had not painted anything for the last ten
years. He said he would never touch a brush again as long as he lived.
Lautisse was going to spend a month in New York, and we invited him
to come down to our place for a weekend. When accepting the invitation
he got us to promise that we would not invite any guests or talk to him
about art. Lautisse arrived on the five o’clock train the following
Saturday. E had an enjoyable time that evening. The next morning I got
up at seven-thirty as I had a job to do. Our garden fence needed a coat
of white pain. I was about to start painting when I saw Lautissse coming
towards me. I thought I should have to put off the job, but he took the
brush out of my hands.
“Why, it must be done. Let me do it,” he said. I tried to protest but
he took no notice of my words and he spent three hours on the job. When
he came back into the house he looked as happy as a child. He said that
he had not enjoyed himself so much for years.
That evening he went back to New York and we did not hear anything
from him or about him for ten days. Then a story appeared in the New
York papers. It said that Lautisse, the famous French artist, was
staying in the USA, and since his arrival he had not left New York
except for a weekend which he spent with the Greggs (that was with us).
The next day our place was crowded with newspapermen who wanted to
know every detail about Lautisse’s stay with us. When Betsy told them
about our garden fence they took picture of it. Then a long story was
published in the papers under the titl “Lautisse paints again”. The next
few days were terrible. A lot of newspapermen, businessmen and
representatives of art galleries and museums came to our house. They
wanted to buy our fence and offered me large sums of money, but I didn’t
know what to do though I realized that I was to do something. On the
fourth day Gerstone, Lautisse’s friend, called on us. He saw I was at a
loss what to do. “You shouldn’t sell the fence yet,” he recommended.
“You should allow the Palmer Museum in New York to exhibit it.” I
followed his advice and some days later I went to the Palmer Museum
where I met Gerston, who said that my fence was a great success. Then we
entered the room where the fence was on display. I couldn’t help
laughing – it had been cut into thirty sections and had a fence around
it. At the lower corner of each section there was a world in black
paint. I recognized Lautisse’s signature. I was so much surprised that I
could only say, “But why?…What?… Where is he?…” then Gerston told me
that Lautiss had left for France the day before.
“You see,” he added, “Lautiss was really fond of you and Mrs. Gregg.
He had no idea when he painted your fence that it would cause so much
excitement, but when it did he was very amused, I’ve never seen him
laugh so much, and it was his idea to have the fence cut into sections
and to sign each section. You should sell the fence now.”
I followed his advice and twenty nine sections were sold within a
month at a price of $ 10,000 per section. The thirtieth section is now
in our living room.
Complete each sentence with one of the words below.
One word is odd out.
depressed secondary education
Students are … to talk freely about their
I’m frightened of getting into … , but it’s not
The education in … schools is very expensive.
Public schools are famous not only for their
perfect … .
Each teacher reports if you have … well or badly.
In Russian schools there are several types of …
like in British schools.
Martin is … because he can’t speak to the girl he
It’s a strong … .
You shouldn’t … with your parents.
At … school pupils study for five years.
II. Transform the following sentences changing
verbs from Active into Passive Voice.
Example: My elder brother repaired the bike. – The bike was repaired by my
The boys will paint the roof of the house.
Bessy’s father gave her a complete set of Walter
They water the flowers regularly.
The doctor ordered me a month’s rest from studying.
Our mother tells us stories every evening.
- Заполните каждое предложение с одним из приведенных ниже слов. Одно слово нечетное вне. личное наказание депрессии среднее образование позволило аргумент утверждают беда обязательные себя Студенты … свободно говорить о своих проблемах. Я боюсь попасть в … , но это не так. Образование в … школах стоит очень дорого. Государственные школы славятся не только для их идеальным …. Каждый учитель сообщает если у вас есть … хорошо или плохо . В российских школах есть несколько типов … как в британских школах . Мартин … потому что он не может говорить с девушкой, которую он действительно любит . Это сильный …. Вы не должны … со своими родителями . На … школе ученики изучают в течение пяти лет . II . Transform следующие предложения изменения глаголы из Активность в страдательном залоге . Пример: Мой старший брат отремонтировать велосипед . — Велосипед был отремонтирован моего старшего брата . Ребята будут рисовать крышу дома . Отец Бесси дал ей полное собрание сочинений Вальтера Скотта . Они поливать цветы на регулярной основе. Доктор прописал мне на месяц отдохнуть от учебы. Наша мама рассказывает нам истории каждый вечер.
How much do you know about Britain and the USA?
For questions 1-5 choose the correct answer
1. what should a person get before starting to work?
a) A levels b) a working card c) an application
2. a gap year is a period of time which a person takes to pause:
a) Between kindergarten and primary school
b) Between primary and secondary schools
c) Between secondary school and college or university
3. a CV means
a) A summary of your job experience and education
b) Your autobiography
c) An application for a job
4.Apple is a name of US company whose best-known product is
a) The typewriter b) the personal computer c) the dictating machine
5. a GNVQ is an examination in
a) academic subjects b) practical subjects c) extracurricular subjects
- Доклады про америку и англию
Переведите на английский из косвенной речи в прямую:
Учитель спросил нас насколько хорошо мы знаем этот предмет
Мама сказала мне, чтобы я пошел в магазин и купил конфет
Они спросили у нас, куда мы едем
Я сказал, что не был в Крыму 2 года
Мой папа сказал, что придет в школу поговорить с учителем
Мама сказала мне, чтобя я не забыл пойти в библиотеку
- Teacher asked us how well we know lesson
Mom told me to buy sweets
They asked us where we went
I told I’d never been in K
My dad told he would go to school to talk with teacher
Mom told me dont forget go to lab